Friday, September 24, 2010

Matt's Bowling Birthday Party

We had a surprise party for Matt at the bowling alley in Snoqualmie! It was so much fun. There were about 22 of us in total. I had a special bowling shirt made for him (see pictures below). I figured that a man who owns his own bowling ball, bowling shoes and bowling bag needs a bowling shirt too! It turned out great and he really liked it. My mom and I also made him a T-shirt quilt out of all of his old t-shirts. I've been sneaking them out of the laundry one-by-one for the last 3 years. He was really surprised (and probably glad to figure out where all of his shirts went)! All in all I think he had a great 30th birthday full of fun surprises. It was so much fun to celebrate with everyone.

Bowling Cake
30 candles was a lot to blow out!
Matt's totally-awesome bowling shirt. :)
" Sparebanks" - His bowling name dating all the way back to his college years.
Check out the follow through! And the cool shirt...
The "Bowling Alley Guy" presented Matt with his own pin! All the guests got to sign it.

Jill & Bryan both took their turns signing the pin
Brittany & Amanda doing the Granny bowl
Carol Ann was a pro out there!
Amanda found a totally-awesome-80s ball
Mom mostly kept score but looked pretty cute holding her bowling ball
Porter & Brittany in their matching bowling shirts
Dan & Heather
Me and 2 bowling balls. It was nice to be able to put one of them down at the end of the night. :)

No comments: